Stereolithography (SLA) is an additive manufacturing process whereby the part is created directly from 3D CAD data. The model is built a layer at a time, by scanning / curing the surface of a liquid photo-polymer with a pin point of UV light generated by a computer controlled solid state laser. The model submerges below the surface between layers, and the process continues with each subsequent layer being cured to the one below.
Stereolithography (SLA) is an additive manufacturing process whereby the part is created directly from 3D CAD data.
- Very short lead-times, can be Next Day
- Excellent component & feature accuracy
- Light layering evident in Z axis
- High resolution options available (50 micron build layers)
- Various resins offering options such as: Clear, Clips and Snap Fits and High Temperature materials.
- Easily finished to a high standard including Transparent (for full list of finishing options see Product Finishing & Painting)
- Threaded Inserts can be fitted.
- Design evaluation & feasibility studies
- Concept Models
- Design aids including CAD verification
- Presentation / Exhibition models
- Photographic samples
- Fit & light functionality tests
- Master patterns for:
- Silicone tooling
- Vacuum Casting
- Wax patterns & Investment Casting
- Can be metallised to achieve real metal coatings (Copper, Silver, Gold, Chrome, Nickel, etc.)
Machines & Materials
|Build Chamber Dimensions||Build Layers||Resin|
|SLA 1||508mm||508mm||584mm||0.1mm & 0.15mm||WaterShed XC11122|
|SLA 2||350mm||350mm||400mm||0.1mm||Evolve 128|
|SLA 3 (SR)||250mm||250mm||250mm||0.1mm||Evolve 128 & WaterShed XC11122|
|SLA 3 (HR)||125mm||125mm||250mm||0.05mm||Evolve 128 & WaterShed XC11122|
Typical Lead Time
Next Day dispatch (depending on part size/geometry).
Beautiful design & robust options
Examples of SLA Capabilities
We look forward to working with you.
Give us a call and talk through your project with one of our experts. We’ll help you choose the best path to your perfect product.